- Enable the integration of minority urban slum- dwelling communities through holistic education focused on the girl child.
- Educate 1500 children and women by 2023.
- Empower 500 women with employable skills in 5 years.
- Impact the lives of 5000 individuals by changing their mindset through education and skill building.
- Ek tara was founded as a charitable Trust with a streangth of 10.
- Crèche was introduced with 60 children at 4, Biresh Guha Street, Kolkata 46.
- 50 children went to school from Ek Tara.
- Introduced remedial classes after school.
- Vocational training was introduced to enable the women in the community to take up free training in cutting and stitching.
- Student strength increased to 60 in the Crèche.
- Started student assessment system to identify strengths and weaknesses of students.
- Community outreach introduced to get the local community more involved.
- Staff strength increased by 20%.
- Increase in Montessori and school enrolment by 35%
- Beginning of meal plan for afternoon children.
- Introduced computer classes and Spoken English for school going children.
- Successfully trained undergraduate students from the community as teachers.
- A milestone Ek Tara moved in to new premises of 7500 square feet.
- The crèche, upgraded to Montessori with a three tier leaning system for age group 3-5 years with usage of proper Montessori aids.
- Enrolment increased to 75% within the new capacity.
- Introduction of Health and Nutrition programme.
- Health camp for all the children.
- Bought additional space to introduce smart class- e learning module.
- 10 children of Ek Tara successfully mainstreamed in reputed English medium affiliated schools of Kolkata.
- Primary Class 1 introduced with 100 children.
- Books, uniform and hot meal provided to all the primary school children.
- Interventions in identification of mental health problems among the children.
- Bought an additional space of 1200 square feet for running the vocational training classes.
- Introduction and implementation of class 2 with enrolment of 80 children.
- No-plastic zone introduced.
- Summer camp held with recycled products.
- Mothers forum introduced.
- Total number of children increased to 620.
- First ever annual concert “Ali Baba and 40 Thieves” held.
- Introduction of Class 3 with 100 more children.
- Total number of beneficiaries increased to 700.
- Implementation of CPK in 3 wards.
- Summer Camp held on River Ganga.
- Introduction of Class 4.
- Total number of beneficiaries to 800.
- FCRA certification
- First batch of ALP- Unmukt
- New premises acquired to accommodate increasing number of children
- Setting up of Social Enterprise
- Expansion of sports facilities- swimming, football, rugby and tennis
- Introduction of Class 5.
- Increase in mainstream school enrolments to 50.
- First ever art exhibition
- First ever overseas exhibition and counting